View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #63
joebuick

Re: Anyone else done with Oriley Auto parts?

Hey Guys,,, very interesting thread and opinions from one end to the other.. which is good.It seems that all of us have had some bad experience with parts from ALL of the different parts houses,,,,and some good ones. I know I have. But the most important thing to remember is "How you are treated when the part fails prematurely and you try to return for replacement." I can remember when trying to return a high dollar alternator or a starter to Carquest or Napa and they just give you a sad look and point to the sign over the counter that says " ABSOLUTLY NO RETURNS ON ELECTRICAL PARTS" Mad,,?? angry,,??? you bet!!! I switched to Autozone when they came to town for that reason. I also have had some failures with the Autozone brand,,,,but I always buy the lifetime warrenty parts and I do not have any panic attacks when I do have to return anything. That to me means a lot.
I am like one of the guys here that checks out the website before hand and I know what I need, the autozone part number, how much it costs, and even a brief printout of how to replace the part when I walk in the front door. ( just in case I get one of those people that know their way around a computor, but don't know sh** about cars) I like the one about the air freshener,,,,. I also love to go to one of THEIR computors while they are busy and do my search and have it all ready for them when they get to me,,,sic. The look on their face makes my day.
Would the guy who said he used a feature on one of the parts store's website to cross reference what other vehicles used same part please let me know who and where,,,?? thanks
joebuick is offline   Reply With Quote