View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 09:23 AM   #204
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: My Dusty 71 GMCe Electruck

so let's talk range, we leased a 2013 Nissan Leaf for three years and loved it, it came with a 24 kWh battery pack and provided 85 mile range consistently, often times 90+ but we will go conservative and use the range that is on the Wiki of 75 miles

so we take 75 miles and divide it by 24 and that gives us 3.125 miles per kWh

then we take 3.125 and multiply it by my battery pack size of 9.1 and we get a range of 28 miles

now I can easily reconfigure my battery pack and shove one in the engine bay and two more under the bed, if I choose to use this technology, I may get a Nissan Leaf 30 kWh battery pack instead, don't know yet (that one has a range of 107 miles according to the Wiki)

keep in mind that the range is not a hard cap, you come home from work plug it in and the car charges while you eat or shower, then you jump back in it and drive, if you go shopping at Target, you plug it in to charge while you are at the store for 45 minutes and you top it off again, go to dinner, charge it while you eat, this is not hypothetical either we did just that, we charged while watching a movie in the movie theater

Last edited by Gregski; 11-12-2021 at 03:08 PM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote