View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 11:10 PM   #572
Kronald_70GMC

Re: My 1970 GMC “Project Splice”

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 C10 Driver View Post
First of all, congratulations on the arrival of little Daphne, she is so precious!

You really had a lot to deal with on this truck, and I thought the rust issues on my truck were bad... You are doing a spectacular job! I still have a rust area up under the dash where the cowl inlet rusted through. That will be a challenge to fabricate the replacement patches and get them welded in. Once that is done, I can epoxy prime the cab interior and apply the Lizard Skin.

Have you given any thought to applying any sound deadening/thermal barrier? My goal is to do such a good job rust proofing my truck that it can be a daily driver without the worry of it rusting out again.

Again congrats on the beautiful baby girl and the work you have done on your truck!
Thank you for all the compliments. I am planning to use something like a raptor liner on the under side of the cab. On the inside, I'm planning to use something like a kilmat or equivalent. I'm hoping that will be sufficient to get fairly decent sound deadening. I also plan to use a piece of kilmat underneath the factory headliner.

1970 GMC "Project Splice"

2017 Silverado LTZ (Daily Driver)

IG: kyle_ronald
Kronald_70GMC is offline   Reply With Quote