View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 07:15 PM   #147
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

One of those days that I spent hours doing stuff but feels like I barely got anything done. Cleaning up/sorting more wiring. Built a bracket for the clutch switch, basically takes the place of the neutral safety switch. Adapted an unused bracket to hold the clutch cable, still need to drill a couple holes to actually mount it.

On the clutch switch bracket, I had my wife come out to help by pressing in the clutch peddle while I tinkered with the switch/brackets. First thing she says? Which peddle is it? LOL She hasn't driven a stick since she was 16. She has already stated that she has NO interest in driving this car.

I did order a new neutral safety switch for the transmission, even though I might never hook it up. I'd rather have it and not need it I guess. Also ordered the reverse light switch and sent a couple different tech help emails to try and figure out which wire is which on the speed sensor of the transmission. Both the same color. And to make things more confusing there is a VSS input and that I'm fairly sure I need to connect to the ECU, but there's also a VSS out wire that isn't even talked about in the instructions from Ford on the control pack. No wiring diagram came with that BTW.

Fan wiring can be done about 4 different ways according to the 2 different factory five instructions. I'm starting to get a feel for the chassis harness wiring and there's a bunch of it that doesn't get used because of the coyote control pack and because I'm using dakota digital gauges. So this week I just need to finish the power leads, hook up some grounds, get a battery and see what starts on fire. If everything survives that exercise I can put some gas in it and see if it'll produce internal combustion. I have a feeling I'm going to be shaking my head and staring at wiring diagrams and 4 different instruction manuals, mumbling to myself in cursive.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote