View Single Post
Old 11-02-2001, 01:40 PM   #1
locke

Talking Duals for our trucks

I bought Dynomax (coated) headers, a Hooker dual exhaust kit, an "H" pipe kit, and a few other goodies from Summit Racing. My "stuff" arrived within 2 days, the prices were very good, but the main reason for my good review of Summit: the parts man I talked to (Kevin, I believe) was very knowlegable, and helpful. I specified 16 ga steel in all items, he verified that, and helped me pick out the mufflers.
The headers "fell in" the engine compartment, didn't have to remove much, didn't have to raise the engine. Spark plug changes are a breeze with this header, and the coating looks great!
The Hooker duals fit right, and all bends are mandrell bent (zero restrictions in the bends). The dual kit came with clamps and hangers, I am very pleased with the quality of this kit! All tube ends are swaged (makes it a "driveway" bolt-in project).
To help eliminate rust in the duals (my truck is driven daily, in the "rust-belt"), I used Por-15's newish exhaust system coating. I coated inside the pipes, and outside, and coated all hangers, bolts, clamps, ect. This stuff looks good, and I will post later as to how well this coating protects against rust.
E-mail me, if I can answer any questions. steve (aka shadetree)

------------------
72 long fleet, 355 4 speed, primer, walnut goodies. Check out my web site: http://shadetree72.homestead.com