View Single Post
Old 07-24-2022, 05:54 PM   #30
davem815

Re: Grandpa's Truck '71 Chevy C20

Finally made some progress this week. I got the front to rear brake line made. The kit I bought came with a 2pc line, I needed 1 pc. I was able to make what I needed out on the two pieces. I got that line installed and frame clamps on.

I noticed the pass side rear brake line was not bolted together. That was a reminder to myself that the brake bleeder broke off on that side and I needed to replace the wheel cylinder. I got the Eaton full floater tore apart and the wheel cylinder on. I need to get a new axle nut locking washer, the one that came off, the locking tabs were all torn up. It was a replacement axle because the brakes were rusted fast on the original. And I got 4.10.

Rebuilt the front calipers and installed new pads. The second set of rubber brakes lines did not fit. The first set was too short. This set the frame end did not have enough width where it went through the frame bracket to get the clip in. Tomorrow I will go to a place that makes brake lines on the spot. They made brake lines for my fire truck that were not available.

I got delayed again in June and July. My son ran in the Great Race on youth team, they were sponsored by the National Auto and Truck Meseum where he volunteers. We followed from Ohio to North Dakota. Then we got back home in time to have three trucks in our local 4th of July parade, car show, and touch a truck, my wife's 66 GMC, my son's 70 GMC, and my fire truck. All three were running at the same time.

Then on the way home from a cruise in, the 66 broke a clutch Z bar ball stud in the block. I had to fix that.
Attached Images

2014 GMC K2500 Crewcab 6.0 gas
2005 GMC Canyon Ext cab 4wd daily driver
1963 F*rd/Howe C750 fire truck 11,000 miles
davem815 is offline   Reply With Quote