View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 11:30 PM   #54
imjeff

Re: First look at my K10 with 2-1/2" Skyjacker lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by derotoreut View Post
I just completed the installation of my Skyjacker lift. I installed new front and rear springs. Now I'm in the process of evaluating my wheels. I installed 2-new BF Goodrich tires on Rally wheels and two on original steelies. I was hoping to use the original white steelies that I had, but I don't care for the 3" backspacing. It pushes the tires out too much past the fenders for me. They are original 15X8 drum-brake steel wheels with 3-nubs. Looks like I'm going to go with the 15X8 Rally wheels with 4" backspacing. Just sets the tires in a little more. I do like the lift though. The lift gave me about 3" more height with my original tires. With the new 33's, I get a total of about 5" over what I had originally.

My plan will be to blast and paint the rally wheels either white or body color. Feel free to voice opinions.

Does anyone know what the backspacing is on the 4-nub 15X8 steelies is? These are the wheels that can be used with disc brakes.

Pic-1 is before lift kit
Pic-2 is after lift kit with original wheels and original 31x10.5x15 tires
Pic-3 is after lift kit with original wheels and new 33x12.5x15 tires
Pic-4 is after lift kit with rally wheels and new 33x12.5x15 tires
Thanks for all the pictures! I pulled the trigger on five CL 15 x 8 rallys the other night to replace my aging Centerline Hellcats (I'm not really a cast wheel guy on trucks). My wife suggested powder coat as my Fathers Day present since I'm generally too cheap to do it, but really like it. I really like the orange, but since I have a LWB with orange top I thought it would be too much on mine. I will post some pics when I get it all together with the new 33/12.50 15 BFG A/Ts (on a 4" lift). Between all your pics and Tx Firefighter's advice on powder coating you guys saved me a ton of time and money wondering which way to go. Thank you!
67 Chevelle 396, 4 speed
74 FXE
08 Tahoe
imjeff is offline   Reply With Quote