View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 10:31 PM   #147
davischevy

Re: Build that 71 402 already

I haven't been here in a while and wasn't sub'ed so missed a lot. Sorry to hear about your mother.

I lost my mother in February. She ran strong until last Thanksgiving and her blockage got to the point her heart gave out. She was only bedridden about 4 weeks. My sis didn't want her to go to the nursing home so she took care of her the first week, but found out that was virtually impossible for one person. Her doctor, a family friend, got her into hospice, but a patient can only stay in a hospice house 7 days.

Your right, Medicare rules for hospice suck. They sent her home, and the professional in home care is terrible. We lucked out and found a group of independent caregivers to sit with her 24/7 and they were a godsend. It was expensive but Fortunately she could afford it.

I have two sisters and a brother, and we go through the estate close out with out a cross word. I am very fortunate to have siblings that get along with no vultures.

The only hiccup we had was her house. She moved in the nicest house she had ever had 7 years ago and she wouldn't let me set it up to transfer on death. I don't know why, but she was getting older and just had a thing about it. I had all her other affairs taken car of but we are just now getting that house through probate.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote