View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 08:49 AM   #19
Joyridin

Re: For those of you with taillight fuel filler/ lens fitment question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkt1954 View Post
Just finished doing this on my 70 C10 this weekend. The filler kit was also from New Creations and the instructions left a little to be desired to say the least. With everything cut out, it took us around 4-5 hours to get the kit to fit good and weld in place.
Had the same issue with the taillight lens, luckily I had some old lenses and we removed both tab and sanded the outer edges at the top and bottom to flush with the lens. That made the lens sit flush with the bed. In order to use a foam gasket we trimmed all the lip off the back.
How did you run the wires for the lights? I'm a little concerned about them flatting out too much when you tighten the lens down.
Also what are you using for a filler hose?
I am assuming the New Creations is the same one i have as they look identical. I notched the metal part where the light mounted on the bottom of the light. You cannot see the wires and it is the least amount of flex. For filler hose, I bought this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I tried the 2", but it was too big to make the 90 degree bend, so I went with 1.5". I also ran a 5/8" line up to the filler and installed it right near the top of the filler so the gas pump would not shut off from the pressure. I had to tap the filler neck on the side and install the 90 degree fitting through the tail light opening. No problems filling it.
Joyridin is offline   Reply With Quote