View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 07:50 PM   #4790
72c20customcamper

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine View Post
After my Hedman headers rusted out, I was careful to order the same part number for the replacement. However ''Progress'' had marched on -- and the Collector/Exhaust junctions were now a new Ball style. Not the 3 bolt sets that press a flat gasket. So I had to sawzall-off the ends and run 7 miles to Midas to get Ball ends welded on my exhaust pipes.
Then I found out a year later my local Hot Rod Shop could have gotten me the old school Hedmans if I bought them there. But I thought I was saving a buck at Jegs.

Anyway, for the old school Collector/Exhaust gaskets, I found the thicker Copper ones were the best. Never burned out.
The rust thing is why I went with stainless steel . The Doug’s ceramic headers on my Chevelle look like . They rusted just about as fast as painted ones and this is a nice ce weather car . If they go I’ll go with stainless on that too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Nice beefy flanges! Those should hold up well.
I was very impressed with the flange thickness and overall thickness of the headers . Took a bit of force to dimple the one tube even heated . Now I need to get some pipes for the exhaust
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is online now   Reply With Quote