View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #26
VH Coachworks

Re: Pre-Order Sale: 1967-1972 Chevy Remote Power Door Lock Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesburb View Post
This is very intruiging as I have this on a list of things I want to engineer for my Suburban. If I was doing it I would use oe GM solenoids, but for your price and statement of fitment, I am very willing to make exceptions on that. I do have a couple questions though. I noticed that one solenoid has two wires and the other has five. Is this system capable of unlocking one door and/or both doors like oe systems?? Can another solenoid be added for my third door?? I realize the mounting configuration for the third door is an unknown entity, but having to engineer one is much better than three. How do you recommend getting the wires to the doors?? What kind of conduit/tube is recommended for sealing the wires/holes in the pillar and door from the elelments?? How big is that remote??

I think that is all for now. Looks like a very nice setup.
The five wire solenoid is the master, goes on driver door, the 2 wire is the slave, goes on the passenger door. It unlocks both doors.

We can add another solenoid for your third door, and pre wire it also, you would have to figure out the mounting, it might be the same as the passenger door, don't know for sure. You can use a rubber boot like in a lot of doors, between pillar and door.

Remote size about 2 1/4 long by 1 1/4 wide.
Any questions please ask.
Thanks