View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #143
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: Finally starting my Longhorn 4x4 conversion

Here is another issue, kind of. This rear axle is quite a bit wider than a stocker too. It puts the tires out of the body a bit. But, at least you won't be able to see the front tires sticking out at the rear. I always hated that about these for sure. I have the rear axle close to where it goes, but just put it in and eye balled it in to get the truck in the shop.

I think I can live with it due to the price to narrow it and my options for strong rear axles.

Now for the height issue. I was thinking about removing the 4" lift from the front, but that is more work. I'm thinking about getting a smaller block for the rear to level it out and call it good. I'm guessing 2" would be plenty. It is really hard to see the difference in these pictures, but here are a few more.

Hopefully this week I can get the engine positioned where I want it and try to get this truck running. That will be a big hurdle to jump!
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.

Last edited by Dieselwrencher; 11-29-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote