Thread: 47-55.1 crazy anti theft idea
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2022, 01:41 AM   #16
mr48chev

Re: crazy anti theft idea

Most everything we are mentioning works with the joy rider or the hot wire artist who is looking for easy pickings.

The thing lately and I think what is happening around some big car shows in motel and other parking lots is the thieves driving repo rigs. My sisters 84 Monte Carlo Supersport got stolen out of the Mercer Island park and ride lot a few years ago and I'd bet dollars to donuts that they snagged it with a repo rig. No one is going to quiestion it and just walk away thinging that the poor bugger got his car repoed.

From experience you will forget to flip the switches when you shut the car off far more often than you will forget to flip them on when you get in the truck. The switches or controls have to be where you can reach them without any extra stretching or reaching though. As I said earler, James rode in my 48 a number of times before he figured out that I didn't have a key in the switch. You just about have to push the clutch pedal on my 77 though the floor before it starts because the clutch switch doesn't release unless the pedal is all the way down and maybe beyond down..

I'd really like to see someone make a reliable hood latch that is cable operated and had a lock on it like a lot of Ford trucks did a few years ago. Pain in the keester when you are the mechanic working on one of those Fords but that kept anyone from easily hotwiring one under the hood.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote