View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 04:05 PM   #120
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Alright after taking the last 6 months off because I had no time. I finally got working back on the truck.

First thing to do was to fix my mess up of a paint job on the firewall. Well my mess up of color sanding and breaking through the clear. My OCD would not let it go. So i sanded everything down and resprayed base/clear. This time it came out not so bad. And after 2.5 years the cab is finally back on the frame, Feels like a big step was made and not i can really charge to get things done.

Some pics below of the progress.

But my question i have is, looking at my roof, I think i created a sag or basically shrunk the metal too much trying to get rid of some of the oil canning and low spots. Rookie mistake. I need to check exactly how out of shape it is, but i dont feel comfortable filling it with body filler. I am guessing it is at least 1/8" low in a 12" section (round).

But I am not sure how to go about being able to get the shape back in the metal. Is it possible to heat that area with the hope of it expanding back into its shape? Or is that just magical hope thinking? Or should i just treat it as a dent and try to work that out, obviously i cant get tot hte back side of it since its an outer skin, so I would have to use pins to pull it out. I posted some pics prior to the shrinking and the area in the middle marked oil can (middle of the 3 oil can makrs) is where the shrunken metal is, but its about a 12" round section.

Thanks for any tips guys

Paul
Attached Images

Last edited by 44boggers; 04-25-2018 at 04:55 PM.
44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote