View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 10:59 PM   #174
SkinnyG

Re: SkinnyG's '61 Apache

It is my home shop.

I designed and built the shop myself, and did all the work from the concrete forms to the roofing shingles and everything inbetween except actually pouring the concrete and finishing the slab.

This is the house that I will head to the old folks home from. Watching my dad sail into his infinity having never realized his dream of owning and working on antique automobiles, I decided I needed to built it. I did NOT want to sail into my infinity without chasing my dreams too. Rolled the cost all into a re-mortgaging of the house.

The equipment has been amassing over the years. Some were sweet deals, some were cashing in gift cards. Some were "I will find a way to pay this off." I used to just work out of the two-car house garage, with my wife always having parking priority. But eventually more and more equipment came in, and then I had two project cars on the go, and then there was no room to work any more, and it was a whole lot less fun.

The shop is 1065sqft, and pretty much as large as I am legally aloud to build. It's tucked right in close to the back of the property. The biggest drawback is I cannot get a tow truck or a dually into the backyard at all. But I can get my truck back there without even folding the mirrors in.
Lotus Super 7 Replica: Scratch-built street-legal rollerskate
SkinnyG is offline   Reply With Quote