View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 09:59 AM   #50
LEEVON

Re: any freestyle bike collectors out there?

I was so in love with my bikes...that's where I started the hot rod fascination. On the weekends, I would tear them down, clean grease and adjust everything and I probably packed the crank bearings about once a month. I always had the best bike in the neighborhood and wound up fixing all my friends bikes. I bet we put 150 miles/week or more on them. There was a local bike shop in on Santa Fe Dr. in old Overland Park, KS that was so nice to us little hellions. I can't remember the name but they are gone now.

I loved my '92 GT Vertigo so much I kept it for many many years because I was going to give it to a son if I ever had one. A few years ago, I let it go in a yard sale thinking they'd never be collectors items. It was exactly like this on the Christmas day when I got it but I put on a GT "wings" sprocket, chrome seat post, metal pedals, new grips and ditched the chain guard and reflectors. My son is the same age now as when I got mine. Sure would be nice to have it back so he could ride it or at least hang it in the shop.
Attached Images

Last edited by LEEVON; 06-01-2016 at 10:13 AM.
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote