View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 11:34 PM   #46
cornerstone

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

My day started with diagnosing and fixing one of our AC systems. A 35$ capacitor was bad so I felt lucky since that particular system is as old as the house... 34 years. Anyways, its up and cooling again.

After that I got busy with my "new to me" backhoe. I need to dig up 20 or 30 yards of topsoil, then spread it around a recent slab I poured, so I can get the grass growing and reduce erosion. I really enjoy running that machine, its a stress reliever for me. I call it my "video game" since it has joysticks. I got about half way done and things got weird in the front end. I looked down and the front wheels were pointed opposite directions... so I stood the machine up on the front bucket and outriggers and crawled under to take a peek. The power steering cylinder bolts backed out and, and with the cylinder not mounted to the chassis, the wheels just went any old way the wanted. Thankfully the giant bolts were still there, so with any luck I'll be back in business soon.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote