View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 08:28 PM   #77
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: Speed Engineering LS Swap Headers Findings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19SIKtySix View Post
I just noticed that you're running a coilover drop member, am I right? If your truck was bagged running a PB crossmember, do you think your headers would work?

I'm thinking to prevent for future clearance issues, the shorty headers would be a better option for me.

Thanks for your response and help on this!
No worries, this is why we post, to help each other out

Yes, the bagged Dropmember uses the same geometry as the coilover version, so they would fit with the same magic as mine, probably better, due to the absence of the upper coilover mounts.

For me, shorty headers are are not worth the pain that comes with them (blown gaskets, burnt wires, etc). There are a few nice mid-length options out there that will fit the bill and will not lose too much in translation. Hedman comes to mind with their C10 specific mid-lengths—thick head flanges, heavy gauge tubing, and ball/socket collectors. Uncoated I think are under $300

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote