View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 10:02 PM   #113
caseyjones

Re: 1964 C10 Survivor

The truck came with a gray vinyl-covered seat that was really in pretty good shape. One small tear on the left side, a rust stain from a paint can, and a protective layer of cigarette tar and dirt. i cleaned it up and it was holding up pretty well, but then the vinyl tore at the seam along the left side and the tear just kept growing.

I decided that I should replace the cover before the foam started to get damaged, so I ordered the beige/tan vinyl and cloth combo through Classic Industries. it's incredibly difficult to tell from the online pictures what you're going to get, so I waited to see it before I did anything to seat in the truck.
In prep, though, I did pull out the floor mat, scrubbed it with Tide and a brush, hit it with a pressure washer, and it came mostly clean. I also laid down a bunch of panels of Noico butyl/foil sound deadening on the floor, pretty much anywhere you can't find it without looking for it.
I got the seat covers on Saturday and I thought they looked great. I did have to run to Harbor Freight to grab a legit pair of hog ring pliers because the ones from the kit are garbage. Got it all covered up on Saturday and installed this morning. I'm really happy with it. The cloth is woven and has some variation in color. The vinyl seems nice, it's not really plastic-y and is pretty soft.

Don't pay for these pieces of garbage:

I also pressure washed my paver patio. Paver patios in the PNW are a terrible idea...they get covered with moss, and no matter what anyone says, it's not charming, it's disgusting.
caseyjones is offline   Reply With Quote