View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 06:44 AM   #11
Paul Y

Re: What do YOU think is a must have in a daily driver?

Gentlemen,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to what I will now call 'moments from the Milk Crate - Episode 1 in which we realise Coke might have wanted to teach the World to sing but Trucks will cover up the fact you are tone deaf....

What are my must haves then?

In no particular order:-

1. Quiet - Having run a BBC in my 56 with 3" exhausts and Flowmasters the headaches after driving for 3 hours made me want to reconsider my life choices.
Therefore - must be quiet in the cab so good sound deadening is a must.

2. Noisy - Must have a loud enough exhaust to upset the neighbours and set off car alarms - see above

3. Comfortable - I am about 6'1" and around 185-200lb dependant on what I had for dinner so the bench seat and general ergonomics are not too bad for me. I will mess around with the peddle heights and the foam in my bench seat to get it right. Plus I like a bench seat - part of the beauty of having an old car is that it retains some of its charm as an old car.

4. Handling, steering, brakes. - Even though it is an old car I still want it to be a joy to drive in modern traffic

5. POOOWWWEEERRRRRRRR - Having had low 12, high 11 second cars I want a 10 second truck. Just for burnouts and Ice Cream you understand but being a Hooligan makes me smile. A lot.

6. Manual. Yes. Manual.

7. Safe. There are idiots everywhere so whilst I know a nearly 60 year old truck is never going to have more airbags than your local Gentlemen's club, good belts, lights, windscreen wipers (it does rain here a reasonable amount etc are a must have.

8. Cup Holders.

9. Reliable. Every car I have built to date I would happily jump in and drive anywhere knowing that, baring an unknown, would arrive at my destination. I have broken - a lot - of components, Gearbox's Axles, Engines, but only once. If it breaks I make it better. Look at it as a program of continual improvement.

10. Connected. I need to be able to make calls, use a sat nav and listen to tunes so it needs to have that functionality.

11. Make me smile. A lot.

Now, I know that list will look a lot like a wish list rather than a daily/roadtrip truck but that is what I am trying to achieve, Looks like a lot of us are trying to do the same thing.

What else do I need to add???

P.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=658621

If it goes wrong, I blame the Internet...
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote