View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 03:01 PM   #79
gigamanx

Re: Ford Model A Tudor Modern Twist on a Classic

Great at getting out in the garage every couple of days, not so great at updating the Internet haha. I get too into the project and forget to take photos.

This month finished filling the tack strip line at the back of the car so its flush. Welded most of the floor pans in permanently. Built access doors for the hand brake and gear shifter. Finalized placement of the front suspension and steering. Frame is now blown apart where I was able to weld the last items underneath.

Last, but not least, went through about 300 red metallic swatches to pick out three choices for a spray out.

Found some weld in 1/2x20 threaded inserts. They are great for speeding up attachment points for sheet metal like the screws needed to attach a cover plate to the gear shift and handbrake covers.

Degrease, wire wheel, rust disolver, paint.

Cleaning up and filling all the holes in the frame. 36 just on the drivers side. I was starting to wonder if there is any frame left!

Metallic shows in the sunlight, but in the shade a nice deep red.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride

Last edited by gigamanx; 05-24-2021 at 03:07 PM.
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote