Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 09:33 PM   #66
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

I finally got a chance today to clean up the hood I bought. Take a look back at post 42 to see how dirty it was before 2 rounds of Purple Power and a brush. It cleaned up really well, so I decided to swap hoods.

I swapped over all the turn signals and the hood latch from the old hood, and in the process, snapped off the two bolts holding on the passenger turn signal assembly. I then proceeded to snap off an extractor in one of the holes. Instead of continuing to struggle with that, I just drilled two new holes and used the screws to cut new threads into the sheet metal. It isn't the sturdiest, but I think it will hold for now, and if I have to, I can secure it with bolts instead of just the screws.

When I did the engine swap earlier, I had not read through Markeb01's build thread, so my parents and I removed and reinstalled the hood by ourselves. It was only after we had done it, that I saw he used his engine hoist to hold the weight of the hood. We used the engine hoist this time, and it was a breeze getting the old one off and the new one on. Thanks, Mark, for that awesome idea!
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote