View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 07:05 PM   #12
McDeezl

Re: '72 GMC long/fleet in Ottawa area

So now we're into body work, finally!
Got a California cab complete with doors from Bill's in Oshawa, inner fenders in great shape, new aftermarket outer fenders so have enough to complete the front half. I'll go get a California box later when we get to that stage, only so much room to store this stuff and the more congested things get the more likely it is that I'll just run over it with the backhoe plowing snow!

The cab and doors are in great shape, lots of dents but no rust. Got everything sandblasted and epoxy primed right away so real nice to work on for sure. Got myself a stud gun for pulling dents so hopefully it resembles a '72 when I'm done and not a '64! It's called learning on the fly I guess!

Priority now is to just get the cab done and pre-painted (interior, firewall, underside) so I can roll the chassis back in and mount the cab onto it. Then the fun begins doing the control stuff and wiring. Was hoping to be at that point for the winter to have the cold months inside and heated to work at that but fell behind on the schedule. Such is life!
Attached Images

McDeezl is offline   Reply With Quote