View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 11:45 PM   #320
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

well just when i thought i was done,i found out my truck had been accepted for the 49th Annual SpeedSport Car Show coming up in April in Moncton,New Brunswick,about an hour from here.i decided that as nice as the truck was,the underside of the hood looked awful so off it came for some TLC.I discovered after cleaning up the hood,it was black primer or whatever that black stuff is all over the truck under the paint,with some green overspray around the nose of the hood and along the rear brace.i tried to copy that factory finish by painting the whole hood black,then doing the green.i have it nicer than it was or probably should be,so i'll look at this for a couple of days before i decide to keep it or re-do it with more black or all black.i think i liked it before the green although there was green under there from factory?i sent a picture of the hood to the man who painted the truck,to say there was nobody from this neck of the woods going to put him out of business anytime soon.good thing i was a better truck driver than i am a painter?
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote