View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 01:54 AM   #7
izzy_Britton

Re: 5.3 into a square -- questions

The 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds fit without the need to notch the frame.

I am pretty sure that if you used the camaro manifolds and the truck cats, but moved the cats back a bit the only thing that you would need to change would be the length of the o2 sensor wires, the placement of the cats further back on the exhaust to clear your slave shouldnt screw with the o2 readings.

You could use your existing fuel sending unit in the tank just change out the in tank pump, you have an 87 so it already has the anti-slosh basket in the bottom of the tank. if it is a single tank truck you would just need to install some earls fittings and high pressure fuel line, quick n dirty. if it is a dual tank set up, same difference, again you should already have the high pressure tank switch. the inline corvette filter and regulator is a simple setup with single or dual tank. Here is some more info - THIS SET UP

you COULD run an engine driven cooling fan, just install a 99-2005(ish) water pump which has the provisions for the threaded fan adapter and get a fan and fan clutch from a 99-05(ish) truck. This is a direct bolt on swap.

I think your going to have issues with emissions unless you plan to fully integrate the vapor recovery system and such. if your not worried about emissions you could ditch the cats and not worry about the slave being in the way. the cats are not necessary for proper function of the engine if removing emissions. But i have no idea how emissions testing is done outside the Kalifornia Communist Republic.

-Izzy
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote