View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 07:43 AM   #1505
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

11.00 already on Sunday.

Slow start after two or three days wasted with randoms stuff like finding a car for Sally.

Bought a one year old, water dispenser in door fridge that has a RRP of £336.00 for £50.00 yesterday, did not realise it was 45 miles from home, so 90 mile trip at 5.00pm yesterday, but still worth having for the lodgers, as I have a second guy from next week, and freezer space is always an issue in the double door American in the kitchen. Removed the undercounter fridge one lodger uses and replaced with this one this morning.

FREE MONEY……… GOTTA LOVE IT.

My last day off work, back on Monday, then the honeymoon is over.

Today I need to lift the front end again, remove that shock, grind back the broken stud, and use these special drill bits to make a space for a new bolt and nut to hold the shock in place.

I went to my new best friend, nuts n bolts guy and mentioned what I needed.

He suggested a “Dormer Tin coated drill bit” so I got a 4mm and 9mm that should do the job.

Bought about 2 38mm Penny washers to use when fixing the seats onto the floor.

And just looking at this, take when I disassembled and cleaned the front end, it seems lucky-ish that it is a rivet, rather than a bolt, as Bob Heine observed.

Without getting our collective moral knickers in a twist, I found a MAC Tools 8mm deep reach and driver deep in a cars engine bay this week.

It has obviously been there a while, rusty and very dirty, so cleaned it up and added to my tools.

Headed out to go drill out that stud.

Wish me luck.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote