View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 07:42 AM   #31
Six862m6

Re: '67 - '68 Repro/Aftermarket Cab Floor Carpet Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
Interesting. That is in a similar location as a 67 I saw in a wrecking yard a few months ago that had a small block V8 originally. My 68 came with a small block V8, but it has no hole in the firewall in that area. The only unused hole I could find was in the concave area directly behind the engine, which I believe was where the grounding strap went on inline 6 trucks. The second digit of my VIN is an "E", my VIN plate still has the original rivets, and the VIN stamped in my frame matches the VIN plate.

Sorry about hijacking your thread. I'm done. Back to the regularly scheduled programming...
Ah, don't worry about the hi-jacking, I think I mostly have my answer for this thread anyway at this point. Apparently my truck has a high hump and I didn't realize this when I redid the interior (hence, I bought a low hump carpet, which is another reason it doesn't seem to fit as well as it should). I found the new carpet I want to purchase soon and will do so. I think it's made by ACC (not direct from their website but I'm pretty sure that's who makes it) and should fit proper given I will order the high hump version and C10 Driver's seems to be cut different than my current and completely avoid the parking brake cable.

That being said, how can you tell the original rivets on the VIN plate and where do you find the VIN stamped on the frame?