View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 01:58 PM   #8
Your41Plague12

Re: need some help deciding on a 2" or 4" lift for 1987 k30 srw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy87Chevy View Post
I bought my '87 v10 with the 4" skyjacker lift kit already installed, so I don't have much wisdom compared to 41Plague up there (PS guy, I've loved that orange truck since the day I joined this site) because I didn't install it, but I thought I'd throw up a pic to give you an idea, its on 33" tires & 15x8" rims. I saw your truck on squarebody.net on facebook, it looks like it probably sits a little than my 1/2 ton did before the lift. Is your '87 carb'd or F.I.?

Thanks! Yours sits just right in my opinion. I wish I wouldn't have gone as high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 324matt View Post
Its throttle body injection, with a spacer underneath. It gets 8-10mpg, loaded or empty. I really dont care because the payment is ZERO/month vs. $600-$900/month and 18mpg..lol!
Posted via Mobile Device
I completely agree. With respect to lift kits, I will say do NOT buy rough country springs. I hit a small pothole at 10 mph on a dirt road this past weekend and ended up hitting my head on the steel roof of the truck. It feels as if my axles are welded to the frame, my only real suspension is the comfy old seat and the air in the tires.
Bushwacker Cutouts, 38x15.50 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws,
350 HP 350 crate engine from Jegs, Turbo 400
Your41Plague12 is offline   Reply With Quote