View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #20
Toshab

Re: Newby Overhauling a 283

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRX View Post
That is great to hear. Definitely don't go the crate engine route now.
I definitely don't have plans to do that. Earlier in the thread I talked about pouring a little money into one motor, and a lot more into another one. But two minutes of thinking about that made me realize I'd be throwing money into a motor I would use for just a little bit, when I could have used that money to buy something nicer for the other .

So now I need some major help. I'm kind of wet behind the ears when it comes to motors. I have some experience, but probably not near as much as all of yall do. I want to mildly modify this 327. Not something that is going to cost me thousands and thousands, but I have a little bit put back that would allow me to have some fun with it.

What do yall recommend as far as:
Carburetor
Intake manifold
Camshaft
Heads
And anything else I don't know to ask about

I know I have to make sure I don't have a cam that is too big for my heads and stuff like that, but I don't know exactly what to compare when looking at that. I bought a book on Amazon (Amazon.com: Musclecar & Hi Po Chevy 302 &... Amazon.com: Musclecar & Hi Po Chevy 302 &...) that will hopefully help me out with this. Should be in the mail sometime this week or early next week.
Toshab is offline   Reply With Quote