View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 10:54 PM   #129
weedoublewide

Re: HP Tuners Tutorials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
sorry to hear about your troubles, did you disable your VATS, Vehicle Anti Theft System (I assume this is a Swap - engine not in original vehicle) I read that you say your coils are good, but does that mean you actually checked for spark, one plug at a time at the plug? (I like to use a test tool like the one below, wife prefers it too, so she aint standing in a puddle of water with metal vice grips trying to ground it to the block)

If you swap a good plug and its plug wire to another cylinder will it fire there? Will the bad plug / wire fire in the before working cylinder, on that coil?

A lot of times guys blame grounds, each side of coils has its own ground and the PCM uses four on these PINS: 1 and 40 on each of the blue and red connectors

Check out the link here: Grounds Demystified

Did you thin out your own harness did you repin any wires? sorry if asked and answered

which 3 cylinders fire? what do they have in common? are they all Odd or all Even for example, since the PCM has an Odd coil and an Even side coil

what codes show up in the Scan Tool?

did you check your fuses? even if they look good to the eye just replace the ones for the Injectors and Coils for funzies
No big deal, ill answer them all!

It's firing on 1,7 and 8.

Since we knew those three were firing, we did a rotation of all of the coils and wires to verify those were good as well. And they were.

We had a ground problem at the beginning, as it seems not having a ground hooked up will cause problems lol. I didn't have the ground hooked up for the coils. it is now.

Yes the harness is thinned out, but we didn't repin any of the inputs/outputs on the PCM.

I didn't see anything that popped out on the scan tool, but I shall double check it.

And yes sir, VATS is disabled.

could it be an airflow/fuel/spark

Oh and fuel is constant 58-60 psi with cranking
weedoublewide is offline   Reply With Quote