View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 02:08 PM   #12
fishmunger

Re: 4" Lift on 72 K10 rubbing with 35s, walk me thru my options for additional lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
There was a couple posts here a month or so ago saying that in-line wasn’t making the extended cables anymore. I tried to get some from them last summer and never got a response to my 3 emails. I understand your sentiments about the load capacity of your Oe springs. My 98 has blocks for that reason as well. You can get Oe weight capacity lift springs from Alcan which are top notch but they are more expensive as they are custom built to order. I get some axle wrap in my 98 K2500, it’s bearable but I do notice it. With an add a leaf you may be ok in the rear, like I said it will probably take a little fine tuning to get the rear ride height sorted out.
I don't think I want to spend the money on the alcan springs. So you agree off the shelf rear lift springs might be undersprung? I was thinking keep my blocks, add an add-a-leaf, and if it's 'not high enough' than add a 1" zero rate too. I think it might work out. The truck sits damn near perfect level right now with the 4" blocks and what I presume are 4" rancho springs up front. If anything I'd like to be bow down ever so slightly so she sits near level with the boat trailer hooked up.

Anybody tried both skyjacker and tuff country? I'm thinking I want to go with the 'firmer' of these 'soft' springs as I read a point that special k made that the flexier springs are more likely to lead to rubbing issues with 35s. Trying to find that balance between good ride, but not overly flexy. I saw a chart for the 73-87 trucks that showed tuff country having the lightest spring rate of the bunch, but they are kind of a different animal than skyjacker it looks like as the jackers have more leafs in the pack. I also read someone saying they thought tuff countrys settled fast and they lost some lift relative to other spring brands?
fishmunger is offline   Reply With Quote