View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 10:50 AM   #27
Beach-Burban

Re: Slow Progress is better than No Progress.

Slow is the "operative" word for my progress...it's right there in the title! Besides that being my M/O, living in So Cal has made me worthless when it rains...and the unrelentless rain we have been getting (as much as we need it) has been very difficult to get used to! In any case, I have made a little progress as I finally received my Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 near the end of 2022, and started digesting the instructions to develop a plan of attack. I have already posted about using the Fuel Sump Pump kit they offer and my mounting choice for that, which gave me a starting point for the layout of the wiring harness. I had never made (or even used) AN hoses before, but the kit came with AN fittings and hose so I read up and learned how...and am happy with the preliminary results. I also (after hiring the wrong person for the job) got my Sanderson BB8 header's installed after my friend Jerry turned part of his shop over to me (and then he basically did most everything for me while I assisted)...but I'm very happy with those results as well! I started and am still in the process of cleaning up and beefing up the electrical situation under the hood, both because I need to and want to...but also because it should make an easier time out of installing these new components. After running the fuel filter hoses and making the changes to the electrical components on or near the passenger side wheel well, I removed and/or covered up everything and taught myself how to weld with a free "flux core wire feed" unit and filled in the eight extra holes that had been added over the years to the passenger side wheel well. I eventually got the hang of it, but it's a good thing I have plenty of experience with a grinder!!! I still have a little to do before final paint of wheel well (like I should have filled in the three factory dimples)...but all in all, I'm again happy with the results. Lastly...I (actually Jerry with my help) installed a ribbed aluminum transmission pan that I have had sitting on my shelf for nearly four years! Not only is it aluminum, higher capacity and has a drain plug...it also has a threaded hole on the side for a temperature sending unit. I am using an original style sender with the factory gauge and wiring which made that part go really well...and I'm more than happy with those results! I'll be going on a trip to visit my new born granddaughter in Tennessee, so I don't think I'll be making much headway on the rest of the project for awhile...but I'll be back!

Woody

Name:  IMG_3553.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  49.9 KB

Name:  IMG_3546.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  57.2 KB

Name:  IMG_3541.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  99.0 KB

Name:  IMG_3592.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  77.0 KB

Name:  IMG_3530.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  42.5 KB

Last edited by Beach-Burban; 03-29-2023 at 05:09 PM.
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote