View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 01:39 PM   #26
dandansuperman

Re: Project black-ops

I finally got the 700R4 transmission in and working great. I ended up changing my stock crossmember to the one from Early Classic. It gave me the room I needed to run the exhaust. I highly reccomed spending the 90 bucks if your looking at doing the 700 conversion. I put a large aftermarket cooler on it because of the heat from the stall converter. I adjusted the TV cable myself, and then took it to a transmission shop to double check my work. He drove the truck and said he wouldn't change a thing. It is the best thing I have done to the truck so far. The tranny made it very driver friendly. I also had the exhaust done. I ended up going with dual 2.5" 40 series flowmasters. I need to take some pics of the finished product because it turned out great. I ran the exhaust through the framerail and came out behind the rear tires. I will try and get some pics up soon. My header paint is burning off faster than I expected. Don't use the Eastwood spray can crap or you will be dissapointed. I followed the directions step by step. I love the Sanderson CC10 headers, but wish I would have spent the extra money to get the ceramic coated ones. I think I will have the ones I bought chromed eventually.
Attached Images

dandansuperman is offline   Reply With Quote