View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 05:02 PM   #113
landarts
landarts

Re: 71 K20 Idaho Edition

Well it has been a little over 3 months since last progress report. Been healing up my back from the last go around with my lower back ruptured disc issue. Also spent some time helping and moving a loved one to assisted living.

In the background I have got a few things done with a few of the K20's trucks so they can be sold. I have a friend that quit his full time job to make a go at repairing and build a few projects for some customers. So I decided since I could not work on the trucks for a bit while I was healing I would get a few things done so I could sell a few.

First was a (pic 1) Blue 72 Custom Deluxe K20 I purchased last November from a forum member. When I received the truck it was not running and had been stripped of a few items on the truck. With some of the spare items I had in the garage and a few purchased items, it is now a running driving truck that is going to be sold soon. I am not going to do anything else with truck but let it go.

Second truck (pic 2) was a Bronze 72 Custom K20 I picked about two years ago. The truck was complete when the P.O. bought it and drove it for about six months, then he decided to restore it. He tore it down and started to do the rocker and floor repair then decided it was too much work and sold it in pieces to me. I have traded this truck to my friend that is doing repairs for a 67 Suburban and a 8.1 Vortec motor. Those two items will become a K20 4x4 crew cab truck in the near future.

Third truck (pic 3) is a Orange/Red 68 K2500 long bed stepper truck I picked up at the beginning of Covid. I sold the motor that was in that truck and installed a 292 motor last summer. It needed a few more items wrapped up so it can be a running driving truck. Once it gets back I will be selling this truck also.

Back in the shop this weekend, anxious to get back into the build so progress post and pictures coming for the 71 K20 Idaho Edition project.
Attached Images

Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
69 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote