View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 05:15 PM   #68
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Re: Overhaulin' - Seattle style July 31st

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMc View Post
How about some info and pictures on the motor mounts.
I had to make my own. Give us some details.

Mick
I am pretty sure Al used my plans as a guide, and here's what it took to do it in mine.
First of all, here's the site I semi-made for this swap;
http://www.geocities.com/caddyoneton/?200712?200814
It's geo****ties, so it'll only let so many ppl look in an hr. if it goes over, then come back later and finish reading.

Here's a couple photos of my engine stands. They are of the 73 - 87 GM pick up variety, 2 wheel drive, gas engine. They stant a little taller than the 67 - 72 frames, so a bit of a shim was needed to take up some dead space. They had to be placed rather far forward, and the 'flair' for the fuel pump up front on teh passenger framerail had to be bent down.
Then I cut a hole in the center, and placed them on the frame. They ended up right on the tie rod, so I had to trim them.
I think I ended up hitting them with a plazma cutter and making the hole a bit bigger, but you can see where I joined the two holes together.
I also had to unbolt the motor mount from the engine and place it down into the tower, then bolt it back to the engine. Simple step that made life easier. Al may have improved on this.
On the shot where the tower is bolted to the frame, you can see where I had to trim it up a bit.
Attached Images

Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote