View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 05:41 AM   #8
attack eagle

Re: February 2023 ToTM

Yeah but CC have full size doors full sized rear seats and full sized working rear side windows…
like a suburban.

not half width doors and kid sized rear seats.
Drew’s has the same full size rear cabin and single door as a suburban of the same year, which is how the factory would have done it if they had done it, IMO. And by cab length it is also a crew cab not an extended.

Ergo it qualifies IMO.
———————————————————————————————

BTW, I’m going to self promote since there are only 3 nominees so far and it closes tomorrow. Just to add some variety to the mix.

Meet CrewCad.
It’s not perfect! It originally was a WT. I’ve been busy fixing years of neglect, but otherwise trying to save what once many years ago was a nice truck and soon will be again.

The Exterior features a static 5/7 drop with helper bags, Shaved handles & stake pockets, a molded in vintage sir michaels roll pan and hidden hitch, 99 Escalade clip and frenched deville taillights, and the custom cut 22” alcoas. The current two tone paint job (if it were older than a gmt400) would now be considered “patina” due to years in the desert sun. It has a full led conversion on all exterior lights, including hi4 and switch back fog lights , plus the led reverse lights are flushed into the bed, hidden in the gap between the roll pan and tailgate. The bed floor is color matched in red bed liner with a cargo bar to keep the groceries from sliding up and down the 8 foot bed and the doors have been converted back to the correct full size mirrors, which on this size truck actually look more like sports mirrors do on a half ton than full size!

The interior now features an Escalade cluster and bezel, dash painted to match bezel, custom dark brown buckets front and rear with matching fold down rear center jump seat/storage console, front buckets are now adapted to OBS power seat bases, a reupholstered in saddle brown headliner and just re upholstered 99 denali mirrored sun visors.
I’ve also added a modern pioneer double din head with both front bumper and rear license plate mounted cameras to make parking a bit easier and safer, plus XM, CarPlay, and DVD playback to make sure all the family’s entertainment options are covered. It has two pioneer amps under the rear seats, morel 6.5 components front and coaxial 4x6 rears, and it has two 10s behind the rear buckets for Dad’s thumpage when not taking my daughter to or from kindergarten each day. It also has rgb dome lights for the “cool points” at night meets and just fun.

The power train is mostly stock with only 135k on the clock, but with some very uncommon additions. the 4l80e is connected to a DougNash/USGear overdrive box to allow for improved highway speeds and mpg, much like having a 2 speed rear end, and Keeping up with the Cadillac theme, induction is now thru a batwing ‘50s Cadillac air cleaner, which hilariously required using a mid 70s caddy quadrajet stud to correctly adapt it to the tbi, while the exhaust evacuates to dual tips under each side of the bed for the full stereo effect when loping at idle.

Happy I could share it with everyone!
Attached Images

1995 C3500 CCLB DRW W/T
7.4L + 4L80e + Doug Nash overdrive, 22” custom Alcoas,
Escalade clip, De Ville tails, shaved handles, Sir Micheals roll pan

Last edited by attack eagle; 01-22-2023 at 07:52 AM.