View Single Post
Old 09-28-2023, 04:16 PM   #11
loudchevy

Re: BUILD: 1970 C10 LWB “Jumping Cholla”

Once we had a roller again, we moved the C10 back to the side of the house and let Mom have her parking space back in the garage. Next thing I wanted to do was to fire up the 454. This motor was originally in my 85 K5 over a decade ago before I pulled it and swapped in a LS. Since then, the 454 has been holding down my garage floor. I still have the 4wd output 700R4 that was built up with a Monster kit that i need to get converted to 2wd for this build. It should match up a little better with the 3:73 gears in the 12b rear instead of the 4:56 14bff that is in the K5.

I fab’d up a quick and simple run stand, changed the oil, rebuilt the carb, made a wiring harness, bolted the headers on, fed it some gas and it fired right up. Pretty good feeling, plus the boy got to finally hear the motor run that he walked by 1000 time in the garage. I don’t really have all the technical specs on the motor itself other than what i can see from the outside. When I had this in my lifted Blazer with 37” tires it hauled ass so I'm pretty excited to get it in this C10. I know it was installed in a 1969 C10 when I bought it from the previous owner. It’s got Aluminum Edelbrock RPM heads/Intake and a nice AC Delco serpentine kit. Under the valve covers there are aluminum rockers and it’s topped off with a 750CFM Edelbrock carb, hooker header long tubes and has a HEI distributor. Had to get an old vs new side by side pic as well. I'm not sure if the long tubes will fit in the C10, they barely fit in my 85K5. We'll see once we get it set on the frame.

Some more pics and a video on the run stand.
First run test
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ricbf...6bwdh52y2&dl=0
Attached Images

2003 Tahoe Stock
1985 K5 5.3LS/4L60E|8Lug 4:56|3/4 Ton Front|14BFF Rear|Roll Cage|Dove-tailed & Bobbed
loudchevy is offline   Reply With Quote