View Single Post
Old 04-13-2024, 01:43 PM   #5
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Coil over single adjustable v double

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbFut View Post
Even single is a bit much for a cruiser. I used doubles on a extremely modified road racer. After 20 years, I was still chasing my tail on the settings. Track condition, corner balance, tire pressure, bar size, spring rate, all affect the equation. Then fine tune with compression, and finally rebound on the shock. Change one thing and everything else is affected as well. I don't know the shock you are referring to, but I expect the single adjustable will be in the rebound side of things. That is good as it will affect ride quality the most. Do not buy doubles. You will never use the compression adjustment on a street cruiser. You will find that once you find the setting, you will not change it. Doubles are like having 800hp. You might use that level of performance a whole 2 or 3 seconds in a month. Only you can decide if it's worth it. I am just offering one perspective that I am sure others will disagree with.
X2 on this perspective!
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote