View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 01:17 PM   #88
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgCarGuy View Post
Yesterday, I overnighted a cashier's check for my ebay truck. Today I found on Amazon.com several reference books. I took autobody many moons ago in high school, so I bought a refresher book for that, I bought the "How to rebuild a small block chevy", even though this supposedly won't need it, I bought "How to restore your Chevrolet Pickup", as I heard it has some good tips, and I bought the CD Books "1963 thru 1966 Chevrolet Trucks Factory Shop Manual on CD-rom" for it's reference material.
Depending how far you are going to go on a restoration, the Factory Assembly Manual can also be helpful. It's mostly line drawings showing how everything is put together. If you're going to be doing body and paint work, you might also want to check in at:

http://www.autobodystore.com/home.shtml

Particularly the forum. I've painted 20-30 cars in my lifetime, but a lot has changed, and the guys on the site are every bit as helpful and knowledgeable as the guys on here. The guy that owns the site Len Stuart has owned a body shop operation for decades and evolved into mostly high end custom work. He's really smart and helpful. I also bought his Spray Painting 101 dvd and it was a great refresher with a few new tips that made it worth the money.