View Single Post
Old 08-28-2021, 01:00 AM   #229
theastronaut

Re: '88 F*rd Festiva Autocross/Track/Daily Driver Build

Not much going on with the Festiva at the moment... I wanted to get more aggressive with the intake ports so I straightened the wall and flattened the floor to make a much straighter shot at the valve, but that broke into a water jacket. I have the test head at a fab shop to see if they can weld it up, and if so I'll shape the good head that way and have them weld it as well. I've sent a cam to Delta Cam to have it welded up and reground, I settled on 290 duration and 111 lobe center with around .460 lift at the valve.

I finished prepping the Capri and painted it, and have been detailing/reassembling some of the parts that were in good enough shape to reuse.

I pulled a windshield out of a parts car to replace the broken glass and had to polish out a ton of wiper scratches. New windshields are NLA so I'll have to live with the pitting it has.

And I finally found an Aspire to use for a front brake upgrade. These replaced the Festiva in '94 and are mostly identical/similar underneath but since they were heavier they had bigger vented brake rotors, and are 4x100 instead of 4x114.3. Now I'll be able to use some of the 4x100 wheels I've been hoarding, but no 4x100 cars to mount them on.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote