View Single Post
Old 12-30-2023, 05:26 AM   #240
LT7A

Re: '88 F*rd Festiva Autocross/Track/Daily Driver Build

This thread is fascinating to me. To start with a car that you were only willing to put up with as basic transportation to flying two thirds of the way across the country to buy one and drive it home. Very cool to see all that you've done. Got some more updates? It's funny how they can get it so right in an entry-level car and so few people realize it. Being a mostly GM guy I never gave those cars a second look, just maybe a chuckle. Recently I decided I wanted to get something that was as light as possible and still had some usability and bought a 94 Swift. There are many similarities, but I think your setup has a much broader parts availability and swap ability.

I'd like to continue to hear about what you're working on with this but I need to say that I am impressed with your matter of fact approach to working on things. You don't get caught up in the frustration even when a frickin tree falls on your car. I've enjoyed laughing as you buy a car every three posts or so. Maybe more, haha. You have a enviable set of tools and a very good set of skills. I'm not somebody who blows smoke, but after reading the pages of this thread it's only fair to call out the truth. Thanks for taking the time to post this stuff.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote