View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 03:09 PM   #1654
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds Part 2

A sweet long step side 1970 with an excellent period canopy $6900. Not mine.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/c...399588747.html

Good Day,

Here we have a white 1970 step-side C10 pickup truck with a 327 engine (about 30k on the rebuilt engine, reciept) sporting double hump heads. Truck is straight with very little rust. Starts right up, goes down the road, fresh plugs.

Has tow light hookup, tow package, great tires, just replaced the light switch, dimmer switch and headlights w/rings.

Many many things have been upgraded and/or replaced with very few miles put on them, including but not limited to: Edlebrock 4 barrel carburetor w/electric choke, HEI Distributor, High end Wires, Water Pump, Fuel pump, Air Filter, Gas filter, cab light. Brakes are practically new too. brand new plugs... etc. etc. receipts receipts.

New heater core and fan unit installed, New control unit (heat, defrost, etc) and wires come with truck but arn't installed. Currently on a toggo switch.

New sound dampening carpet and door seals.

Has canopy with sliding windows w/screens and a swinging door.

Comes with original bench seat that needs upholstery (currently replaced by two singles, see pics), original rims, original hubcaps.
Also comes with primer and paint (never got to the inside).
oh, comes with a stereo but needs hooked up.

Tires have a ton of tread left, practically new.

OK, whats wrong with it? Front windows cracked on the passenger side ($300), never been pulled over for it in over 20 years. Side windows are a bit stiff in rolling up (grease), needs new felt as well ($150). The bed boards are 50 years old, still worthy, but not new. Gas gauge works on and off (100 max), I assume a loose wire and there is a leak in the cowl so it needs patched ($500).

That's it, sounds like a lot but it really isn't. 1k-1.5k ish at a shop fixes it all and then this truck is good to go for years. We've reduced the price twice and will continue to do so until she sells or it gets so low we'd rather give it away. Its already way below a fair price at 10k, but we just dont use it enough to justify keeping it.

Feel free to bring your mechanic and all his/her gizmo's to check it out.

Because of the way things are: Truck is sold As Is, Where Is, Cash Only. I would however transact the deal once agreed upon at a local bank if that would make you more comfortable.

The other stuff: please have the ability to pay for it before you contact us, please have the ability to pick it up, I'm not driving it to you, (sadly I learned the hard way these are usually scams). Text us if you have questions, feel free to ask. We'll be as forthwith as we can be. If ads still up its still available.

A couple pictures a few years old. Truck needs a detail, or at the very least a good washing.
Trade or partial trade possible: ??
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote