View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 09:21 AM   #1010
Old57

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgunlock View Post
Kind of embarrassing, but Hazel just got her first bath in about 8 months after living outside because there is another truck in the garage. She still cleans up nice. Bonn likes to attack spray out the nozzle, so he kind of got a bath too

Last weekend, my wife and I drove her about 3.5 hours down to Rockport TX for a fishing weekend and back. This is actually the 2nd time we've taken her on that trip. She does really well on the freeway with the NV4500. Only doing about 2700 RPM at 75-80. Seriously considering taking her on a long roadtrip to Indiana and N. Carolina. I think she could do it fine, but dang she's noisy at highway speed. Mostly the NV4500 in 5th gear. I've had it in at a reputable transmission shop, one of few around here that work on manual transmissions, and they can't find anything wrong to explain the noise. But... It would be a fun trip.
It's looking good! I haven't noticed that noise in my NV4500. I really like how smooth it shifts compared to the old SM465. My only minor complaint is that I wish it had a more even spread across the gears. It seems too low in 1-3. I usually drive around town in 3-4, and it's a big jump from 4-5.