View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 04:27 PM   #277
nebdrummer

Re: my 50 build... why not?

Got a few pictures of the shows

I purchased a new grill from classic parts and was more than displeased with it. Not a single bar was bent the same, the ends were all out of wack, there were fine scratches in the chrome, and I would have had to beat the ends up pretty good just to get the grill ends away from gouging the fenders. I was pretty upset after spending $400 for the grill, so I called classic parts saying I wasn't happy with the quality of it. The lady then proceeded to tell me that quality is an opinion. Lol WHAT. so after bickering around finally getting them to give me a return label, I got all my money back.

Then I went to the factory grill, and I tore It out and disassembled it to get the front bars chromed. 40 rivets later, I had the bars off. A few weeks later, I had the bars back, and they look awesome! I still have some panel alignment to mess with before I toss it back in.

Another thing I addressed and had re-chromed, was the tail light brackets. I cut the rivets, and welded them solid making 1 piece, and as small as possible. Then, I drilled out the welded on bolts on the tail light housings, and used a stainless carriage bolt with the nuts on the inside of the housing. Just something to clean it up a little more.

Progress is done until the week of Christmas as we're going trucking for 4 weeks straight this go around. But next, I should have all the sheet metal lined up a bit better, grill in, exhaust leaks fixed, and dynamat in. Then I'll start planning on the rollcage.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=380212
nebdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote