View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 12:41 PM   #298
nebdrummer

Re: my 50 build... why not?

Haven't updated this in a long while. Kinda took a year off doing anything crazy with it. Been changing a few things though.

Upped the boost to 25lbs, messed up one head as I didn't pull enough timing on it, so, I went with a nice set of trick flow "fast as cast" 220s. Got a new PTC torque converter that I could already tell a difference as it was working much better than the old Freakshow one I had in there before.

Ended up putting a cage in it. Brought it down to 417 Motorsports in Springfield MO. They couldn't have done a better job. Tucked the front dash bars TIGHT to the dash, and got the door bars as low as they could. Everything is tigged, and he even made a custom bezel that the rear bars go through the Fab to clean things up.

I rewired the entire pickup with a new leash electronics street strip board, and added a Haltech vms-t for the computer. Now I have traction control that works off driveshaft speed, and a g-meter. As long as things are in positive Gs, the boost will keep paying it on. And now it datalogs for just about everything. Rpm, driveshaft speed, water temp, oil temp, water pressure, oil pressure, transmission line pressure, converter pressure, boost, timing, fuel pressure, afrs, and probably more that I can't think about. Also, I added an IQ3 dash to the console so I can read all of this data in real time. Pretty crazy how advanced this is and still has a carburetor. Lol

That's kinda where I'm sitting at now,. Ended up upgrading to 35 splines and an aluminum bolt thru center section and an S-trac. Just gotta find the time to finish putting it all together again. Shooting for around 1050whp, and an easy 8second quarter mile this year.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=380212
nebdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote