View Single Post
Old 04-12-2023, 10:44 PM   #16
Short 3/4

Re: Dana 44 Closed Knuckle Axle Shaft U-Joint Part Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahart View Post
Where'd you get the hubs? Those things probably cost more than my Yukons. I fried a spinde and hub on my 44 back in the 80s, so it had warrens. The 60 had standards. I'm buying new tires in the next few days when I have time. I'm moving up to 35s. Then I will think about gearing. I put a gear vendors in a couple weeks ago, did not like it and sent it back. Cost me a drive shaft, two quarts of oil and return shipping. So I may have my axles apart again if the 35s don't get me where I want to be. I didn't pull the trigger on a locker for my front when I put in the new axles either, I wanted to see what the gear vendor would do. I might just truetrac the front. Although I'm tempted to ditch the detroint locker also. The decisions never end. Fun hobby though!

j
The Detroit is definitely a love it or hate it thing. I’ve had mine for over 30 years and wouldn’t want to be without it. In fact I’ve had the same one in two different trucks. I can sure see how people would hate them though, and would never have one if I lived in snow.
When I recently went through my front end I put in a TrueTrack. Was afraid it wouldn’t be a good idea, especially since I have manual steering, but has been great both on and off road. I have TrueTracks front and rear in my other Brand X truck and that’s worked out really well. Never know they are there until you don’t get stuck!
Tom
NoSpin HO72 4.10 rear
Short 3/4 is offline   Reply With Quote