View Single Post
Old 07-06-2023, 02:44 PM   #32
Aussie Boy

Re: Non technical moral dilemma

The question has been answered already - it is your truck and your time is short. Do what you want to do, but make a plan to avoid spending twice. The cash is hard to earn and super easy to part with.

I have the same dilemma with our truck. Stock 1965 C10, inline 6, 3 on the tree, used to belong to my father-in-law who sadly passed before I could meet him. Therefore my wife gets a huge say in what happens to the truck, but she trusts me to do what I feel is right.

I'd love to throw a SBC up front backed by a 4 speed auto, but the most I am thinking of is maybe taking the 230 (if that is what it is) out to 250. I'll put in power steering, AC, a 2/4 drop with disc's on all corners and re-gear the back end for better cruising. I want to keep it as close as possible to the truck my wife remembers from her childhood with her father, while making it a little more modern and safer to cruise in.

With that being said, I'm open to advice on what/how to go about this as this is my first US Chevy truck, and I am an Australian Ford guy
Aussie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote