View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 09:08 AM   #2
Ironhorse

Re: Good Offer for a 67 4wd 8ft stepside?

Just some thoughts and my $0.02 on your questions.

Myself, I tend to shy away from making the initial offer on another person's property, be it a vehicle, parts or whatever. It is the buyer's usual thoughts to go low and the seller's usual thoughts they want to go high. Invariably this usually gets to be an issue with feelings in a wad so to speak. I always tell the seller I don't feel right about pricing another man's property. Have him give you a beginning price point and then the negotiations can start from that point depending on his starting price and how that figures in with your expectations of purchase costs.

Before I even get to that point on a vehicle I verify that the seller has a clear title in his name for the vehicle. Make sure the VIN on the title matches the VIN on the vehicle. On these trucks it is VERY easy to swap the glove box door where the VIN is on the SIPD label. Am thinking there is a "partial" VIN with the last numbers of the VIN on the LH frame upper near the steering gear box. May have a lot of crud that needs wire brushing to clean off for visibility. Without a clear title, to me it automatically makes said vehicle a "parts only" sale. A parts only sale brings a lower price as there can be a considerable amount of hoops to jump thru if intending to title the vehicle for use. I realize that some states do not require a title on vehicles of a certain age, only a Bill of Sale so your situation depends on your particular state DMV.

Those two points said, it looks like the truck is in pretty fair condition for it's age. No pics of the interior and engine bay but.....depending on how badly a person wants something it's generally nothing that a LOT of time, $$$ and beer can't solve. I proved that when I restored my '71 long bed 4x4, LOL.

Good luck with your negotiations and possible purchase.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote