View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 09:49 AM   #300
SCOTI

Re: Walter DeWayne...Walt for short

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlped View Post
Oh, it sounds beastly!

It a weird build. I bought a $1500 ‘67 open road camper. When I showed up to buy it, it had been vandalized, but the box full of receipts included a $10k 468 motor build. It turned out to be super low mileage build that just sat. I pulled oil pan, intake, and valve covers. Forged crank, H-beam rods, forged pistons (part # depending on actual chamber size is 9.7 to 10.1’ish), Edelbrock RPM intake & cam, good oval port heads and so many other unexpected parts. I refitted bearings, oil pump, timing chain etc and added the Holley Sniper EFI. It’s a beast, for an ole truck 🤣
Ok.... The info sounds familiar so I probably did read it here. My BBC in the RetroRod is similar in build nature but it was built w/a solid flat tappet cam (this was around early '90) w/ported ovals that flowed what the aftermarket Merlins did @ the time. It was a decent low buck deal).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote