View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 04:19 AM   #1206
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Well, sweltering heat this week, followed by a lot of rain.

Woken at 2.30am on Friday with some water dripping furiously outside my bedroom……. Rain was hammering down outside.

Found this…….

Put out some plastic buckets and towels and kinda went back to sleep.

Up by 5.30 when the first lodger got up and started opening and closing doors, he is not good at just leaving his bedroom door open when he goes to pee and when in the bathroom, the door has to be shut noisily and locked every time. Seriously.

Greeted by a load of plaster on the floor and bucket half full of water.

So I cleaned up the mess as much as I could and did some day job work.

Later I called One Call Insurance (underwritten by Legal and General) and was told that there were no storms reported in the area, somI could not get any “emergency response “ to secure the roof or inspect what had caused the leak.
I was put on to hold on for a different department, eventually the phone was answered by some random person, who took my details, to be called back later.
24 hours later I am still waiting for a call back.

Later I went to ask Mickey if I could use his extending ladders, and he said no……
He would come and go up instead of me, as he did not want to call the ambulance if I landed on my head.

Typically, he came at about 1.00pm just about the time I get ready to go to my weekly osteopath appointment.

Up he went and the reply was that there were broken tiles and a load of moss in the gulley of the roof.

So he came down, we got 4 spare tiles stolen from Stuarts pile two houses down’s stock for his extension build.

Tiles went up, then a bucket, grinder extension cord and Mickey.

I had to leave, filled with fear that he was working alone up there.

When I got back the ladder and tools were gone, and Mickey was sitting inside my place, waiting for his cuppa tea.

He said he had removed a half bucket of moss from the gulley, and replaced 4 tiles.

Wet and dirty Mickey. Also happy with some pocket money he gets to earn.

So after that it rained hard a few more times and overnight, not a drop of rain inside.

In the mean time I wonder if the insurance company will actually make contact with me……..

Or do I just get on with having the repairs done and get on with my life.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote